All-American 15-1/2-Quart Pressure Canner
All-American 15-1/2-Quart Pressure Canner is a heavy-duty pressure canner made up of heavy cast aluminum and while prima facie, this product feature makes it more appropriate for canning, yet it is designed to perform a number of cooking tasks also. The product contains sturdy screws to seal the lid to the pot and it provides for safety in the form of a three setting pressure regulator valve. A pressure gauge is provided to give clear reading.
Update: These pressure canners are currently on sale through this link on Amazon.
- Its metal to metal seal dispenses away the requirement of a gasket. Its unique no-gasket design along with other security features specifically designed keeping in mind the safety of the users seem to be weighing top most in its advantages.
- It holds a large amount of jars–up to 19 pint-size jars or 7 quart-sized jars.
- The thick aluminum walls helps the users to put the burner on high which helps in the gradual building up of the pressure dispensing away the need of the users to stand-over the stove to monitor cooking.
- It can also be used as boiling water canner as well as for preparing pickles.
- The instructions are clearly set.
- Few think the metal in this unit is thick and heavy. It takes quite a bit of time for the pressure to build up and also equally a longer time to cool. The implication is that it consumes lots more energy. In other words, it is not energy-efficient.
- Some others feel maintaining it is difficult.
Of 63 reviews available for All-American 15-1/2-Quart Pressure Canner, 52 have given a 5-star rating, 7-4 star, 1-3 star, 2-2star and 1 one star. Given the fact that 94% constitutes high level of positive rating, the product gets thumbs up.
If you want to buy these pressure canners, you can get them on sale on Amazon through this link.